Search

Friday 15 February 2019

Late-War Germans

Here's the German contingent. Again, all Warlord plastics and not bad at all. Some of the camo colours came out darker than planned but frankly I like them as they are for now! These chaps have performed well in Bolt Action and a few short trials of the CoC ruleset.

The Germans are led by Hauptmann Schweitensauer who tends to charge around with a machine pistol at his hip all day long (he's a distant relative of the Austrian Napoleonic officer from the Sharp Practice posts, but of course he seems to be more efficient). There are two sections and a few extras. I quite fancy supplementing these with some gebirgsjaeger because why not? And a tripod MG42, and a panzerschrek and an infantry gun and a Puma.

Ah, who am I kidding? I'll probably buy all that and change my mind and end up painting a batch of "Wellington/Wellesley in India" models for Sharp Practice (I'm looking at you, Redoubt Miniatures, why do you tempt me so?)


The Germans looking professional by fanning out but actually they haven't got a clue what the mission is or where they should be going.


Schweitensauer dips into a reconnaissance role. New hedges on each side - pleased with their effect.


It's 'faust time. Part One and Two. 


A couple of junior officers run over the bridge, leading some late reinforcements.


The heavy support Stug rolls up to a hedgerow before unleashing a devastating shot into the Sherman Firefly's rear-end. Just how I managed to park my Sherman in that particular fashion is a story for another day.

2 comments:

  1. Nice figures! I’ve played a lot of CoC in the past and think it’s a great game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Stew! I've only played once so far, but I loved the pace of it and you're always involved as a player (which I think is vital for a good game).

    ReplyDelete